Uploaded by: dru_mcd on 2016-01-29 21:55:37
screenshot_2016-01-28-21-46-44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dru_mcd
Admiral

Awarded:

re: KT'S NEW ARMADA

Congratulations Knights!

We are now a Gamma Fleet in the Wolf Pack Armada.

Here's the vital information:

The Wolf Pack armada is a group of 11 Federation-aligned fleets that have joined together to share resources and, more importantly, team up for gameplay. The Wolf Pack fleet is the "alpha fleet" with -SWAT-, ISC and Dark Horse making the "beta fleets". Knights Templar is a "gamma fleet" with ISC as our sponsor.

-- Why is this a good thing for us? --

This will be giant help with our long-held desire to continue to grow our own fleet. As a small fleet we have been unfairly burdened by prohibitive costs as our holdings slowly grew. This will be alleviated in two ways. First, as a gamma fleet, all KT fleet projects now have an eleven percent reduction in the dilithium cost. Secondly, we now have a pool of over two-thousand players who could contribute to our projects!

As fleet admiral, Blackknight8x will set the permissions for the incoming contributions. In this way other members of our Armada can contribute resources as appropriate to our projects. This benefits the other Armada members because in a larger fleet it can be very difficult to earn Fleet Credits. So, in this way, everyone wins. Likewise, we can contribute to other's projects as well:

As you can see, we can view all the holdings of our sister fleets in our Armada and contribute to them what we can. 

We can also view the on-line rosters of our sister fleets:

-- Ok, why is that a good thing for us? --

For two reasons. First, we are no longer "all alone in the night".* One often repeated criticism of our fleet recruits that leave us has been that there was never any one online and that playing the game for them was in-effect no different than playing solo. Well we now have an [Armada] channel which acts the same as the [Fleet] or [KTChat] channels. Odds are that someone in our Armada will be on-line to assist with gameplay or advice. Secondly, we are now our own mini Public Service channel! Many of our members have shied away from using the [PubServ] channels for advanced or elite fleet gear because of having to ask a stranger for assistance and the spotty hit-or-miss availability.  That problem is now solved! You want that Spire tac console or that Research Lab secondary deflector? Now we can have access to them without having to call-out repeatedly for handouts on a troll-filled channel. Bliss. 

* +10 nerd points for recognizing that quote.

-- So, what do we do now? --

Get on-line, get involved and have fun! The Federation branch of the ISC fleet is PvE-focused and comprised of US/UK members just like us. So, get out there and make some noise! Make some new friends. Represent the Knights. Offer your firepower for some STF's. Ask questions on build advice. Yell "HI" in the [Armada] channel. Above all else, be visible. Remember, this is YOUR armada. Make use of it! 

If anyone needs any help or has any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm acting as Fleet Liaison Officer for ISC and the other fleets in our Armada so I can easily pass on a question or make introductions. 

Have fun out there.

--------------
[NPC] Captain Koren: Think of it as an increase in your opportunities to die with honor. 
Blackknight8x
Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

You beat me to it Dru :)

The Armada is an awesome thing for us and is a big step forward for getting the fleet back on track. Dru has had a big hand in getting us into this armada. So a big thank you to Dru!

Any comments at all about the armada, good or bad are most welcome.

A fleet report will be coming down the pipeline soon to keep everybody up to date with what's what. Again, feedback is always welcome.

Hope to catch you all in game soon

P.S. +10 nerd points for me

Coolio, I had a look the other day but couldnt see much cause we were on probation. Wish i could help with stuff but this laptop cant handle much more than doff missions, it shuts down at least 2 times a mission :(.

Now that is something nice to see 

That is pretty cool, Dru! I salute your diligent efforts! I have actually started to play again. Look forward to all the new directions!

Jon Mac
Vice Admiral

Let's try this logged in - That is pretty cool Dru! I have actually started playing again. Look forward to the new directions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Templar Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Membership

Calendar

Recent Awards